Downers Grove is located in the heart of the Midwest, approximately 22 miles southwest of the Chicago. From this stable midwestern base, the community enjoys the amenities of being adjacent to a major metropolitan city while experiencing a warm, hometown environment. Named by the Chicago Tribune as the region’s Ten Best Historic Downtown Areas.
Distances From Major Illinois Cities
|City Name||Distance in Miles|
Major Highways and Interstates
|Highway/Interstate||Distance in Miles|
|Interstate 88 (East West Tollway)||0 Miles|
|Interstate 355 (North South Tollway)||0 Miles|
|Interstate 294 (Tri State Tollway)||3.5 Miles|
|Interstate 55 (Stevenson Expressway)||3.5 Miles|
|Interstate 290 (Eisenhower Expressway)||4.5 Miles|
|Illinois Route 34 (Ogden Avenue)||0 Miles|
|Illinois Route 56 (Butterfield Road)||0 Miles|
|Illinois Route 53||2 Miles|
|Illinois Route 83||4 Miles|
The Village of Downers Grove is a highly accessible location. O’Hare and Midway Airports are only minutes away and offer international access. A network of interstate highways provides an efficient mode of travel to the metropolitan area and beyond. Bus and rail service transport commuters to Chicago and the western suburbs.
O’Hare International Airport
- 22 miles from Downers Grove
- Direct service to more than 60 international destinations
- U.S. Customs Port available at International Terminal Five
- Average number of daily flights: 2,567
- Commercial, commuter and cargo airlines offering service: 75
- 18 miles from Downers Grove
- Direct service to 89 cities, some international destinations
- U.S. Customs Port: Yes
- Average number of daily flights: 766
DuPage County Public Airport
- 25 miles from Downers Grove in West Chicago
- U.S. Customs Port: Yes
- Average daily flights: 557
- 450 aircraft (hangars or tie down storage)
- Hard surface lighted runway
- Longest runway: 7,570 feet/100 feet width
- Fuel and maintenance available
- Private and charter aircraft
- 24 hour manned tower, automated surface observation system, WSI weather computer
- Pilot/VIP lounge, conference rooms, workout facility
Pace Bus Services
PACE Suburban Bus Service (Division of the Regional Transportation Authority)
Provides bus routes, dial-a-ride services, van pools, special events buses
Grove Commuter Shuttle – Village shuttle offers rush hour service to Main Street Train Station via 3 routes.
96 commuter trains serve 3 Downers Grove train stations (Fairview, Main Street, Belmont)
Express service to Chicago – 32 minutes
Average daily downtown rider ship: 2,237
Archive by Year
- October 16, 2018 Green Bay Packaging Exp...
- August 6, 2018 Bridge Development Breaks Ground...
- Alter Brewing Company to expand Chicagoland and...